What do balance and homeschool look like? – May contain affiliate links.
What do Balance and Homeschool Look Like?
I’m a terrible juggler. Let’s be honest, I just can’t juggle – at all. I tried watching YouTube videos (that’s where you go to learn, right?) but it didn’t help. My oldest daughter is fascinated by juggling, hence my attempt at practicing it to begin with.
I can’t manage to keep a few balls going all at one time, but we’re all expected to balance many roles on the daily. Sometimes we keep it going for a while, but then we all have those days. The days where nothing seems to get done. You’re chasing dropped balls vs keeping them going smoothly.
Many homeschool moms are also SAHM or part-time WAHM. Many times that means almost all parenting, household and homeschool duties fall on mom. Sometimes we feel like super mom and things are going smoothly, but it doesn’t take much – a sick child, Christmas chaos, broken washing machine, taking the dog to the vet – to get things spinning out of control.
The featured post this week from Our Unschooling Journey shares balancing an overwhelming day of to-do lists and trying to throw homeschooling on top of that. I love a few things she points out – 1 – Her children follow their normal routine without her prodding – I’m sure this is because of consistency and training. Don’t you just love the times you can see your hard parenting work paying off? 🙂 2 – I’m not the only one who reverts to doing nothing when I have too much to do. 3 – She didn’t push through in stress and crazy, but they still had a good reading filled homeschooling day.
Live Life Well – Featured Post
Our Unschooling Journey
It’s always a balancing act!
Homeschooling often feels like a balancing act.
Well, OK, let’s be honest; parenting often feels like a balancing act.
We’re all trying to juggle the kids needs with our own personal needs, the housework, possibly a job… it’s not easy. Then we throw homeschooling into the mix and we have even more to juggle and balance.
Today was one of those days where I woke up feeling very overwhelmed with everything on my “to do” list today. Here’s a sampling of the thoughts I had running through my head…
- I had tons of laundry to wash, dry and fold.
- I had piles of dishes in the sink and, since my dishwasher has been acting up a lot lately, a dishwasher full of should be cleaned dishes that also needed to be washed.
- I had several more desserts that I wanted to make for Christmas.
- We had a few more last minute crafting things we wanted to try out for this year.
- The boys and I wanted to make some sort of Christmas gift for the librarians, who feel more like family at this point.
- We have two family Christmas parties tomorrow and I need to go through the gifts under the tree and start pulling out those that we need to bring with us.
- I wanted to make a casserole for dinner using last night’s leftover chicken.
- I really wanted to scrapbook a few pages– a goal of mine to just work on two pages a day that has only happened twice this week.
- Oh and school, we should probably do something for school– right?!
This constant push and pull of what needs to be done and what I want to do is always a balancing act and homeschooling/ schoolwork falls somewhere in the middle.
Sometimes I want to do school with the boys and other days I feel like I should do schoolwork with them.
We’ve been at this long enough now that I know the days I don’t necessarily want to do school with the boys but just pull our work out and go through the motions don’t always go so well.
With everything circling through my mind and trying to figure out how and when to get everything done I decided, like any good mom, that I would ignore it all for as long as I could.
Live Life Well Link-Up
Encouragement for the Journey
We are thrilled to have you all join us! Our passion is to Live Life Well. We desire for this to be a place we can come together for Encouragement on the Journey.
This is for readers looking for multiple resources on Living Life Well and for bloggers looking to share their encouragement with others and reach a larger audience. We hope this gathering place will serve you well.
Jessica @ Overwhelmed to Fulfilled
Amy @ The Quiet Homemaker
Bloggers Let’s Link Up!
1. Link up 1-2 posts that encourage other women to Live Life Well.
2. After linking up, support one another by visiting and commenting on 2 other posts.
3. We reserve the right to delete any post that does not line up with our passion to Encourage on the Journey of Living Life Well.
To Be Featured
1. Grab our button below and place it somewhere on your site or provide a link back to this page.
2. Each host will pick one post to feature and promote on social media the following week.
3. By linking up with Live Life Well you are giving each host permission to use your post and your images on their websites and social media accounts. If you are chosen to be featured, this is how we will promote your blog!
4. We would love to connect with you outside of the Link-Up too! Visit our websites, follow us on social media. Let’s stay connected!
Copy the Code Below and Paste it into Your Site
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LINKING UP WITH US!!
Let’s make it a party! Share this post on Pinterest.